On Sunday, I decided to leave the hedge and to make a start on repairing our improvised greenhouse. First I cleared it all out and put the spent compost in pots and growbags onto the compost heap. Then onto the repairs. This involved nailing up lots of plastic sheeting where panes of glass have fallen out. I don't want to replace the glass, partly because of the expense and partly because the greenhouse overall is quite rickety and I think I risk losing the glass as soon as I put it in. I just about managed to finish the greenhouse repairs before the heavens opened again with torrential rain and hailstones.
With no chance of doing anything outside the only useful thing I could do was to put out my seed potatoes out in egg trays to start chitting. I usually put them in the greenhouse, but because it is still pretty cold and damp out there I have decided to start them off in the porch. This year the potatoes I have bought International Kidney (otherwise known as Jersey Royal if grown in Jersey) and Majestic, neither of which I have tried growing before.
A bit of a frustrating weekend overall, but at least I got a few bits done.